What is an emotional trigger?

Eliza Kingsford, LPC
Emotional triggers will vary from person to person. It is important to understand that everyone has emotional triggers. Think of the warm feeling you get when you eat a hot dog at a baseball game because you used to do that with your grandpa when you were little. It’s when an experience or event reminds you of something in your past and you immediately feel the feelings that you felt in the past, favorable or unfavorable. Often times, we don’t even connect the emotions we are feeling to the event.

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

5 Ways to Get a Handle on Your Emotions
5 Ways to Get a Handle on Your Emotions
Ever feel like you're on an emotional roller coaster? Life can bring on a variety of emotions, both positive and negative, that range in intensity fro...
How can I become a leader?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Fearless individualism- the quiet kind that doesn’t need to be announced from the rooftops- is a req...
How can I learn to open up about what's bothering me?
If a secret's weighing down your mind—and compromising your health—these tips can help:Share wit...
Teresa Giudice on Fitness and Forgiveness