What is an emotional trigger?

Eliza Kingsford, LPC
Emotional triggers will vary from person to person. It is important to understand that everyone has emotional triggers. Think of the warm feeling you get when you eat a hot dog at a baseball game because you used to do that with your grandpa when you were little. It’s when an experience or event reminds you of something in your past and you immediately feel the feelings that you felt in the past, favorable or unfavorable. Often times, we don’t even connect the emotions we are feeling to the event.

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Press "Play" for a Better Mood
Press "Play" for a Better Mood
Want to feel less stressed? Happier? More energetic? Spend more time with your stereo. A small study suggests that music typically affects people's e...
How can I forgive myself?
David KuhlDavid Kuhl
The process of self-forgiveness is similar to that of forgiving another person. It begins with a...
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
The One Tip to De-Clutter Your Home Office