How can I tell if I am resisting my feelings?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
Often, when we are trying to stop our feelings, we will tighten our jaw, cross our arms and legs, and stop our breathing. When you notice that any of this is happening, simply remind yourself to breathe, uncross your arms and legs (and remember to keep them open), and let your jaw go slack. Resisting a feeling is like trying to stop a cloud because you want it to be sunny again. Letting the cloud pass is how we get back to a brighter state of mind.

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Emotional Health

How well you handle stress, anger, relationships, work, family life-it all factors into your emotional health. Finding balance in life-as well as peace of mind-helps us cope with life's ups and downs. Take time to explore new ways ...

to find stress relief, and to release anxiety, and unhappiness. Counseling can help-as can a gratitude journal.