Is learning to love my body and myself enough?

Learning to accept and love ourselves in our bodies is an important ongoing struggle and a political statement. It can take time to embrace our own beauty, or even to recognize it. The self-loathing that many of us live with each day eats away at our well-being.

We need to do more than love ourselves. To make change, to produce a world in which all of us are accepted, we must see ourselves as part of a community of women, and understand how the personal decisions we make - such as whether to diet or dye our hair or get a face-lift - can affect other women. Our mission, should we accept it, is to create a future in which every woman can experience the joy of being valued completely for who she is - and what she looks like.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Emotional Health

How well you handle stress, anger, relationships, work, family life-it all factors into your emotional health. Finding balance in life-as well as peace of mind-helps us cope with life's ups and downs. Take time to explore new ways ...

to find stress relief, and to release anxiety, and unhappiness. Counseling can help-as can a gratitude journal.