Is learning to love my body and myself enough?

Learning to accept and love ourselves in our bodies is an important ongoing struggle and a political statement. It can take time to embrace our own beauty, or even to recognize it. The self-loathing that many of us live with each day eats away at our well-being.

We need to do more than love ourselves. To make change, to produce a world in which all of us are accepted, we must see ourselves as part of a community of women, and understand how the personal decisions we make - such as whether to diet or dye our hair or get a face-lift - can affect other women. Our mission, should we accept it, is to create a future in which every woman can experience the joy of being valued completely for who she is - and what she looks like.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

How to Cope with the Emotional Side of Fibromyalgia
Living with fibromyalgia can understandably trigger a lot of negative emotions about yourself, your life, and even your relationships. But if you can ...
How does sunlight affect my mood?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sunlight triggers our circadian rhythms, our sleep-wake cycles. When sunlight hits the optic nerve, ...
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?