How can I acknowledge my feelings?

Many of us learned at an early age that we are not supposed to be angry or aggressive or want or need too much. When we repeatedly suppress these "negative" feelings, we may eventually be less aware of what we feel. Yet many of us have much to be angry about, from the pervasiveness of racism, sexism, and other injustices that affect our lives to the individual losses we have suffered.Learning to know what you feel and why you may feel as you do, and learning how to release or express your feelings in appropriate and constructive ways, can free you to feel better about your life. Keeping a journal, making art, seeing a therapist, crying with friends, or exercising vigorously can all be helpful ways of releasing and addressing emotions.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Seeing Green: How to Break Free From Jealousy
In this day and age, it’s no wonder jealousy is everywhere—and we’re not just talking about spousal jealousy. It is easier than ever to scroll through...
How can I become a leader?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Fearless individualism- the quiet kind that doesn’t need to be announced from the rooftops- is a req...
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
Use Love for Natural Pain Relief
Use Love for Natural Pain Relief