What unusual odors may indicate a possible emergency?

Unusual odors include:

• Odors that are stronger than usual 
  • Unrecognizable odors 
  • Inappropriate odors

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Stop the Bleed, Pack a Wound and More: How to Help After an Act of Violence
Any injury or laceration that causes severe bleeding puts a victim’s life in imminent danger. Uncontrolled bleeding is the number one cause of prevent...
How will I know when I need to shelter-in-place?
Fire or police department warning procedures for shelter-in-place could include: "All-Call" telep...
How can I keep my baby warm enough during a winter storm?
Infants less than one year old should never sleep in a cold room because (1) infants lose body heat ...
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
A winter wonderland can be dangerous. Here’s how to keep yourself and your family safe when a blizzard strikes.