How can I prepare for health problems during cold weather?

It is a good idea to take a first aid and emergency resuscitation (CPR) course to prepare for cold-weather health problems. Knowing what to do is an important part of protecting your health and the health of others.

Taking preventive action is your best defense against having to deal with extreme cold-weather conditions. By preparing your home and car in advance for winter emergencies, and by observing safety precautions during times of extremely cold weather, you can reduce the risk of weather-related health problems.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Emergency Kit Essentials That Aren’t Food and Water
Not everyone is as vulnerable to wildfires as residents of California, Washington and Oregon. Earthquakes don't occur nearly as often in North Dakota ...
How can I sanitize containers to store water for a disaster?
To sanitize containers for water storage in the event of a disaster: Wash containers with dishwas...
How should I prepare for a hurricane?
If you are under a hurricane watch or warning, here are some basic steps to take to prepare for the ...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.