How can I be prepared for a disaster when traveling?

You can prepare yourself when traveling in the following ways:

• Keep up with routine servicing for your vehicle
  • Maintain fuel levels greater than 1/2 when traveling
  • Keep emergency kit in the vehicle
  • Emergency kit should include: Glowstick, Batteries, flashlight, water for 36 hrs, non-perishable food items(power bars/canned food) can opener, multiuse tool, comfortable shoes, blanket, whistle

Of course, these are merely suggestions for your vehicle's disaster kit. The best defense is an alert motorist. Be aware of any potential hazards and disaster areas in your community. For more information, visit www.ready.gov

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

How to Prepare for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Tropical storms and hurricanes bring heavy rain and winds that can create damage, as well as block roads and knock out power. People with certain heal...
How can I prepare for shelter-in-place at home?
Shelter-in-place means to take immediate shelter where you are. Take the following steps to prepare ...
How can I stay updated about the weather in case of a winter storm?
To maintain communication in case of a winter storm, follow these tips: Make sure you have at least...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.