Why should I avoid eating when I am too hungry?

Laura Katleman-Prue
To maintain a natural, healthy weight, we need to learn to tolerate some hunger before we eat a meal. If that's the case, how do we deal with our fear and resistance toward it? Let me clarify. When I say "hungry," I don't mean "cannibalizing your neighbor" hungry. I'm talking about the slightly uncomfortable, tummy-rumbling sensation that you feel when your stomach is empty. Many of us have forgotten what hunger even feels like, equating it with not being full anymore. That isn't hunger, it's just not feeling full.

Hunger is a good friend who's been given a bad rap. If you let it, it can help you end your weight battle for good. See whether it's possible to welcome some hunger and allow it to be there for a short time rather than sprinting to the fridge the minute you notice you're no longer full.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition