If I eat a late dinner will I gain weight?

Your dinner doesn’t have more calories simply because you eat it after the sun goes down. It’s the total number of calories you eat throughout the day (or night) and lack of exercise that will make you gain weight. If you eat dinner and then eat another meal before bed, you are consuming extra calories and will gain weight! What can you do when snacks talk to you through cupboard doors? Focus on what you’re doing. Watching TV is fine at night, but don’t sit down with a bag of chips or container of ice cream too. If you’re actually hungry, turn off the TV and have a small, healthy snack, even if it’s late at night. 
Keri Gans
It is never too late to eat dinner. Many people think that if they eat after 8 p.m. they will gain weight, but people who eat late at night gain weight only if they overeat. The longer you wait to eat any meal, the hungrier you will be, and if you ate lunch at 1 p.m. and don’t eat dinner until 9 p.m., you are going to be starved! You will consume excess calories, which equals weight gain, plain and simple. Dinner should usually be three to four hours after your last snack.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition