What fats should I eat if I am being treated for cancer?

It is important to choose healthy sources of fat (monounsaturated fats) no matter what your health condition. Stilll, if you're being treated for cancer, you should especially avoid fried, greasy and fatty foods. Choose baked, broiled or grilled foods instead. Healthy fats include:

• Olive oil
  • Avocados
  • Nuts
  • Seeds

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
Does your food have legs, fins or roots? The answer affects your risk of up to five kinds of cancer. And fins and roots have the edge. In a study, ve...
Is eating prickly pear good for my health?
Prickly pears found in Mexico can help ward off diabetes. Watch as Dr. Oz talks with alternative med...
What are some good food sources of non-heme iron?
Betty Gutierrez , NASM Elite TrainerBetty Gutierrez , NASM Elite Trainer
Non-heme iron comes from plants and can be found in lots of basic foods. Vegetables and iron fortif...
Fight Chronic Disease With a Hunter-Gatherer Mentality