How can I keep my ears healthy?

There are a number of things you can do to keep your ears healthy:

• See a doctor if you have an earache. It could be a middle ear infection that can be treated with antibiotics.
  • In the winter, wear a hat that covers the ears.
  • Don’t put objects such as cotton swabs in the ears.
  • Wear earplugs at loud concerts or sporting events.
  • Avoid loud music.

You can keep your ears healthy by not instrumenting your ear and avoiding prolonged noise exposure. It’s important not to put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

Protect Your Kids From Hearing Loss
Protect Your Kids From Hearing Loss
The heavy metal band Manowar became the Guinness World Records’ “World’s Loudest Band” when they hit 129.5 decibels in a live concert in 1994. And why...
Why do we have ear wax?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The human ear needs ear wax (cerumen) to guard the delicate tissues against the ravages of soap and ...
What is rhinology?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Rhinology is a subspecialty of ear, nose and throat. In this video, Satish Govindaraj, MD is directo...
Can Acid Reflux Lead to Cancer?
Can Acid Reflux Lead to Cancer?