How can I keep my ears healthy?

There are a number of things you can do to keep your ears healthy:

• See a doctor if you have an earache. It could be a middle ear infection that can be treated with antibiotics.
  • In the winter, wear a hat that covers the ears.
  • Don’t put objects such as cotton swabs in the ears.
  • Wear earplugs at loud concerts or sporting events.
  • Avoid loud music.

You can keep your ears healthy by not instrumenting your ear and avoiding prolonged noise exposure. It’s important not to put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

7 Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
7 Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
Your head is throbbing, especially around your eyes. You can’t stop coughing, and for some reason, your breath is terrible. Blowing your nose is a mes...
How can virtual reality help surgeons prepare for SSCD surgery?
Dr. Isaac Yang, MDDr. Isaac Yang, MD
Virtual reality can help surgeons prepare for semicircular canal dehiscence (SSCD) surgery by enabli...
How can I remove earwax?
Earwax is designed to come out naturally. After it traps foreign substances-it's main duty-earwax is...
Can Acid Reflux Lead to Cancer?
Can Acid Reflux Lead to Cancer?