Should I talk to my doctor about ear disorder?

Prompt treatment of ear disorders may prevent or reduce permanent hearing loss or other complications. Many ear problems can be easily treated. For instance, ear infections may respond to medications. Tinnitus, a condition associated with ringing or buzzing in the ear, may be helped by hearing aids. Even earwax can cause pain or hearing loss and can be removed easily at your doctor's office.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is otology?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Otology is the field of medicine that includes problems of the ears, hearing and balance. Neurotolog...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?