How should I prepare for a medical appointment if I have barotrauma?

If you call your health care provider about barotrauma, you may be sent to a specialist. If this happens, it is advisable to prepare for your appointment by writing down important information in advance. You should write down your symptoms, the medications you are taking, and questions you want to ask.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is otology?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Otology is the field of medicine that includes problems of the ears, hearing and balance. Neurotolog...
What are some signs and symptoms of an acute otitis media ear infection?
Some of the signs and symptoms of acute otitis media (AOM) ear infections can include: fluid drai...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?