What are complications of treatment for an acoustic neuroma?

The most common complication of treatment for acoustic neuroma is hearing loss. This happens most often in patients with large tumors. Patients may also experience dry eyes, ringing in the ears, headaches, balance trouble, and weakness in the face. Some patients experience swelling of the tumor for up to two years after radiation treatment. This is due to inflammation and usually improves on its own.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Do ear infections require antibiotics?
When an ear infection is caused by a virus, antibiotic treatment will not help it get better. Ear in...
What is an earache?
Ear pain is generally the result of a buildup of fluid and pressure in the middle ear (the porti...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?