Can labyrinthitis be prevented?

Labyrinthitis is typically caused by an underlying condition, so you can help prevent labyrinthitis by taking steps to avoid those conditions. Try to reduce your exposure viruses and infections by regularly washing your hands and keeping proper hygiene. You should take action to immediately treat any upper respiratory or ear infections that you get. If you have allergies, you can help reduce your risk of getting labyrinthitis by managing your allergies properly and avoiding allergens.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Do ear disorders affect children differently than adults?
Children are more susceptible to middle ear infections, but less likely to be affected by hearing lo...
What are some signs and symptoms of an acute otitis media ear infection?
Some of the signs and symptoms of acute otitis media (AOM) ear infections can include: fluid drai...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?