Can acoustic neuromas be prevented?

There is no known way to prevent acoustic neuromas. However, educating yourself on the topic can help you identify the signs and symptoms early. It will also help you make good decisions when it comes to treatment.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How do I know my perennial allergic rhinitis isn't just a cold?
Ask yourself these questions to determine whether your perennial allergic rhinitis (a runny nose due...
What is otology?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Otology is the field of medicine that includes problems of the ears, hearing and balance. Neurotolog...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections