Why is vodka eyeballing dangerous for teens?

Michele Borba
Eyeballing is when a teen holds a vodka bottle to his eye and pours the alcohol directly into the eye. The alcohol is quickly absorbed and enters the bloodstream quickly (through the veins at the back of the eye). It gives teens a fast high and disguises the smell of the alcohol.

Dangers: The alcohol could scar and burn the cornea and cause blindness.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use In Teens

How should I talk to my teenager who has started smoking?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
The way you handle this issue (smoking) with your child is as important as doing it. Be very careful...
How can I talk to my teen about alcohol poisoning?
Binge drinking, which can lead to alcohol poisoning, is most common in young adults aged 18 to 22 ye...
What factors contribute to underage drinking?
Underage drinking behavior is affected by many factors. One contributing factor is exposure to alcoh...
How can I monitor if my teen drinks and drives?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Let your teen know you will be monitoring if he drinks and drives. This sounds obvious but don't...