Why is vodka eyeballing dangerous for teens?

Michele Borba
Eyeballing is when a teen holds a vodka bottle to his eye and pours the alcohol directly into the eye. The alcohol is quickly absorbed and enters the bloodstream quickly (through the veins at the back of the eye). It gives teens a fast high and disguises the smell of the alcohol.

Dangers: The alcohol could scar and burn the cornea and cause blindness.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use In Teens

How can I prevent my teen from drunk driving?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Be a good “drinking” model: A recent study found that adolescents whose parents were authoritative (...
What factors contribute to underage drinking?
Underage drinking behavior is affected by many factors. One contributing factor is exposure to alcoh...
How does TV advertising affect drinking among teenagers?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Long-term studies show that kids who see, hear and read more alcohol ads are more likely to drink an...
What are the risks of my teenager drinking?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
 It's illegal for her to be drinking in the first place--or for anyone who's legally able to drink t...