How should I store furosemide?

Furosemide (Lasix), a diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention) comes as a tablet or a liquid and should be stored tightly closed in the container it came in, out of reach and sight of children. Keep it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture. Don't keep it in the bathroom.

Keep furosemide away from light. If the tablets become discolored, throw them away. Throw away unused liquid furosemide 60 days after opening.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What is metolazone?
Metolazone (Zaroxolyn) inhibits sodium reabsorption in a different part of the kidney than loop diur...
What are loop diuretics for heart failure management?
Loop diuretics remove sodium and water from the body, acting on a part of the kidney called the Loop...
How effective are loop diuretics for high blood pressure management?
Loop diuretics are as effective as thiazide diuretics in lowering blood pressure.  This answer was ...
What should I know about furosemide before taking it?
Furosemide (Lasix) is a powerful diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention). It can cause your b...