Should I talk to my doctor about my diffuse brain injury symptoms?

Anyone who has suffered a head trauma or has symptoms of a diffuse brain injury should be seen by a doctor immediately. Although some diffuse brain injuries may be mild, other diffuse brain injuries may be medical emergencies and should receive immediate medical attention. Emergency treatment to reduce swelling in the brain may be needed to prevent further brain damage from occurring.

Continue Learning about Diffuse Brain Injuries

What are the four types of injury that can cause diffuse brain damage?
There are four main types of brain injuries that can cause diffuse brain damage These include:Diffus...
How do diffuse and focal brain injuries differ?
Diffuse and focal are terms used to broadly differentiate between types of traumatic brain injuries....
What is the most severe type of diffuse brain injury?
The most severe type of diffuse brain injury is a diffuse axonal injury. Axons are parts of nerve ce...
Does the direction of head movement affect diffuse brain injuries?
Diffuse brain injuries usually occur from rapid forces of acceleration or deceleration, most often r...