How do I manage my diffuse axonal injury on a daily basis?

Most people with a diffuse axonal injury will be admitted to the hospital. Once there, your doctors will take control of your day-to-day care. Depending on the severity of the diffuse axonal injury, there may be lasting brain damage or a coma associated with the injury. If this is the case, long-term medical care may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Diffuse Brain Injuries

How can brain swelling contribute to diffuse brain injury?
The brain often swells after a traumatic brain injury. This can cause pressure to build up within th...
What are the four types of injury that can cause diffuse brain damage?
There are four main types of brain injuries that can cause diffuse brain damage These include:Diffus...
What is the most severe type of diffuse brain injury?
The most severe type of diffuse brain injury is a diffuse axonal injury. Axons are parts of nerve ce...
Is a diffuse brain injury serious?
The severity of diffuse brain injuries can range from mild to fatal. In many cases, a diffuse brain ...