What are ways to make a diet successful?

To ensure success when you're on a diet:

1. Eat about every 3 hours, so you don't get hungry.

2. Eat till you're full—if this isn't enough, have more; just stop when you're satisfied, not stuffed.

3. Don't skip breakfast. Morning fiber (protein too) helps control afternoon cravings.

4. Don't think of your diet program as a "diet." It's more like training wheels that help you rediscover your appetite's natural balance. In just 2 weeks, you'll feel healthier and more energetic, and your waist will be 2 inches smaller.

5. For drinks, have coffee, tea, lots of water, skim milk, juice in the morning, maybe 1 or 2 diet sodas, and a glass of wine with dinner if you like.

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

Don't Diet! Here's Why . . .
Don't Diet! Here's Why . . .
If you've tried every calorie-restricting diet out there but still can't keep the weight off, there's a reason: Diets don't work. Over time, the major...
How can I determine if I am getting enough sleep?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Most people can judge if they are getting enough sleep by how they feel. The National Sleep Foundati...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
Hungry Girl's Rules for Eating Out
Hungry Girl's Rules for Eating Out