Where should I store fish oil supplements?

Fish oil supplements should be stored in a cool, dry place. They contain highly unsaturated fats, which can spoil. (Sometimes they contain vitamin E to help prevent spoilage.) They may be manufactured as gel capsules; the gel helps protect the fish oils. Protect fish oil supplements from light, which can break down the oils.
Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil supplements are susceptible to degradation caused by heat, light, and oxygen. Whether in tablet or liquid form, supplements should be sold in dark bottles and stored in dark containers, tightly sealed, in a refrigerator, freezer, or other cool, dark, dry place.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Take This Supplement to Boost Your Brain Health
“To catch a fish, think like a fish.” That’s an aphorism repeated over and over in NY Times opinion pieces, YouTube videos and online seminars for ent...
What are the best supplements for a man?
The most important thing is to get a well-balanced diet with natural vitamins and minerals. If y...
Should I tell my cardiologist that I take a CoQ10 supplement?
Richard T. Leshner, DORichard T. Leshner, DO
You should tell your cardiologist that you take a coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) supplement. CoQ10 may be used...
How Should Triphala Be Used As Part of a Weight-Loss Plan?