What is acidified sour cream?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Acidified sour cream results from the souring of pasteurized cream with safe and suitable acidifiers, with or without the addition of lactic acid-producing bacteria. Federal standards of identity regarding milk fat concentration are the same as for cultured sour cream. Sour half-and-half or cultured sour half-and-half results from the addition of lactic acid-producing bacteria to half-and-half. Sour half-and-half contains not less than 18 percent milk fat.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
How is chocolate good for my stomach?
If you've got a soft spot for chocolate, give yourself a little pat on the tummy. Turns out the ...
Is it safe to consume crab?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
As with meat and fish, crustaceans must be handled, stored, and cooked properly to prevent food born...
How Can I Be Sure the Supplements I Buy Are Safe?