What are specific benefits to taking D-ribose?

For a healthy person, probably none. However, it has been used for improving athletic performance, though this has not been substantiated in controlled studies. Additionally, it is used by those suffering from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome to improve energy, sleep and well being. Also, those with certain genetic disorders of energy metabolism use it to improve exercise tolerance. However, these applications are poorly supported as well.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

News: More Than 700 Supplements Tainted With Prescription Drugs
Half of all US adults take dietary supplements, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, believing these pills, powders and drinks...
Should I let my doctor know I’m taking a medical nutrition supplement?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Absolutely! In fact, it is better to first discuss your interest in taking a medical nutrition suppl...
Is spirulina regulated by the FDA?
Spirulina is a dietary supplement, which means the FDA does not test it for safety and effective...
What Are the Benefits of Consuming Polyglycoplex (PGX)?