What are the anti-aging benefits of coconut oil?

The women of Belize swear by the powerful anti-aging properties of coconut oil. Used in many countries around the world, coconut oil contains strong antioxidants that help to soften the appearance of fine lines. Though it doesn't replace the need for sun protective factor (SPF), it's also a natural sunscreen and a wonderful way to reverse any type of skin damage from the sun. Simply rub this rich oil on for softer skin.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

The Importance of Supplement Safety
The Importance of Supplement Safety
In 2002, the two-year-old daughter of Jude Law attended a children’s party at London’s Soho House Club. It was reported that while there, she swallowe...
What are the safety concerns regarding maple syrup?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
No safety concerns are associated with maple syrup. Maple syrup is not a common allergenic food and ...
Who decided to classify herbs as dietary supplements?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Dietary Supplement Heath and Education Act of 1994 classified herbs as dietary supplements. T...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?