Is it safe to consume crab?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
As with meat and fish, crustaceans must be handled, stored, and cooked properly to prevent food borne illness.

As with fish and other shellfish, allergic reactions to crustaceans are commonly reported in both adults and children. It is generally recommended that individuals who have had an allergic reaction to one species of crustacean avoid all members of the species. Allergic reactions to crustaceans can be severe and are often a cause of anaphylaxis.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

News: More Than 700 Supplements Tainted With Prescription Drugs
Half of all US adults take dietary supplements, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, believing these pills, powders and drinks...
What should I look for when buying supplements?
Rebecca S. ReevesRebecca S. Reeves
The FDA requires manufacturers of dietary supplements to provide the following information on produc...
What is the nutritional value of tea?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Both green and black teas contain relatively high amounts of vitamins C, D, and K and riboflavin, as...
Should I Tell My Doctor About the Supplements I'm Taking?