No. Fish oil is an especially rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, but fish oil contains other fatty acids and fats, too. Fish oil helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3, which is controversial, cannot be synthesized by the human body but are vital for normal metabolism.
- Q Is it safe to take omega 3 fish oil (O3FO) with blood thinners?
- Q What is the role of fish oil in high cholesterol?
- Q How much fish oil should go into my diet?
- Q Is fish oil used to treat schizophrenia?
- Q Who should use fish oil?
- Q What are the ingredients in fish oil supplements?