No. Fish oil is an especially rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, but fish oil contains other fatty acids and fats, too. Fish oil helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3, which is controversial, cannot be synthesized by the human body but are vital for normal metabolism.
- Q What are the ingredients in fish oil supplements?
- Q Why is quality important if I take a fish oil supplement?
- Q What is the role of fish oil in high cholesterol?
- Q Is it safe to take fish oils if allergic to shellfish?
- Q Where should I store fish oil supplements?
- Q What type of fish oil supplement should I take?