No. Fish oil is an especially rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, but fish oil contains other fatty acids and fats, too. Fish oil helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3, which is controversial, cannot be synthesized by the human body but are vital for normal metabolism.
- Q Is fish oil safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
- Q Why is fish oil good for my heart?
- Q What should I avoid while taking fish oil?
- Q What are the ingredients in fish oil supplements?
- Q Who should not use fish oil?
- Q Are there any risks in taking fish oil?