No. Fish oil is an especially rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, but fish oil contains other fatty acids and fats, too. Fish oil helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3, which is controversial, cannot be synthesized by the human body but are vital for normal metabolism.
- Q What type of fish oil supplement should I take?
- Q Do all fish oil supplements have the same amount of Omega-3?
- Q Will fish oil supplements help with weight loss?
- Q What is the difference between flax and fish oil?
- Q Is fish oil better than flaxseed oil for arthritis treatment?
- Q What plant-based supplements have the same omega-3 benefits as fish oil?