No. Fish oil is an especially rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, but fish oil contains other fatty acids and fats, too. Fish oil helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Omega-3, which is controversial, cannot be synthesized by the human body but are vital for normal metabolism.
- Q Why should I take fish oil supplements if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Is it safe to take omega 3 fish oil (O3FO) with blood thinners?
- Q Does fish oil interact with other medications?
- Q Who should take a fish oil supplement?
- Q Is fish oil considered a blood thinner?
- Q What type of fish oil supplement should I take?