How are chia seeds good for my brain?

Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids and have been found to keep the arteries of the brain clear of plaque. They nourish the brain by helping communication between brain cells. Sprinkle some into your yogurts, cereals and salads, or munch on them alone.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

The Importance of Supplement Safety
The Importance of Supplement Safety
In 2002, the two-year-old daughter of Jude Law attended a children’s party at London’s Soho House Club. It was reported that while there, she swallowe...
What are some supplements for physically active women?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
If you are a physically active woman, take the following nutritional supplements to keep your en...
What are the different forms of chocolate available?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Chocolate is available in many different forms, but the food and drug administration (FDA) has a cla...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?