Can fish oil supplements improve brain health?

Many of us have witnessed the chilling effects of Alzheimer’s on family and friends. That’s why it’s vital to boost your brain function and protect your memory as early as possible with a fish oil supplement. Your brain’s tissue is composed of fat, mostly consisting of DHA or docosahexaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. DHA helps improve the way your brain functions and increases new cell growth, which is crucial to prevent and fight the effects of memory loss. Fish oil supplements are packed with omega-3s, specifically, DHA. Taking 1,000 mg daily will keep your memory sharp and, more important, provide protection to your brain.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Take This Supplement to Boost Your Brain Health
“To catch a fish, think like a fish.” That’s an aphorism repeated over and over in NY Times opinion pieces, YouTube videos and online seminars for ent...
What kinds of tea are available on the market?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
More than 150 cultivars, or types, of Camellia sinensis appear in the commercial marketplace. Not su...
What are avocado soybean unsaponifiables?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Avocado soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) has been prescribed in France as A1S2 or piascledine since the...
How Can I Be Sure the Supplements I Buy Are Safe?