Why is it important to eat less as you grow older?

Aging is often accompanied by a decrease in physical activity and a loss of muscle mass, leading to a drop in calorie requirements. We need to eat less to maintain a healthy body weight.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

Anti-Inflammatory Diet Tip: Mushrooms
Anti-Inflammatory Diet Tip: Mushrooms
Research continues to show that mushrooms offer a host of protective benefits from heart disease to diabetes. The meaty shiitake mushroom contains a c...
What is the nutritional value of crab?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The meat of these six varieties of crab is low in fat, high in protein, and a moderate source of ome...
The New Plant Waters: Worth the Hype?
The New Plant Waters: Worth the Hype?The New Plant Waters: Worth the Hype?The New Plant Waters: Worth the Hype?The New Plant Waters: Worth the Hype?
Find out if maple water, coconut water and others live up to their health claims. 
What Foods Should I Eat to Help Balance My Hormones?