Which type of dialysis should I get if I have diabetes?

Your doctor will help you decide whether hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis is right for you. Diabetes control remains important no matter which type of dialysis is chosen.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

What information do transient dialysis centers need from travelers?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you are on hemodialysis and are traveling, most dialysis centers will require the following infor...
Can I prevent the need for dialysis?
Dialysis is required when the kidneys are in failure. The diseases that most commonly lead to kidney...
How can I get rid of excess fluid weight caused by dialysis?
In order to avoid excess fluid weight gain when you are on dialysis, you should maintain a healthy f...
Will I need to take any medications during dialysis?
Dialysis treats kidney failure. If your doctor has prescribed dialysis, they may also recommend seve...