What are the advantages of home hemodialysis?

There are a number of advantages to home hemodialysis:
  • Dialysis is done in the comfort of your own home.
  • You do not need to travel to a dialysis center.
  • You have more flexibility to choose a time of day to do dialysis.
  • You and your dialysis partner learn to do treatments independent of the center staff.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

Can I go back on dialysis if I change my mind after stopping treatment?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
You may go back on dialysis if you change your mind about stopping treatment. If you have missed sev...
What determines my need for dialysis?
Dialysis replaces some of the work done by healthy kidneys and is needed when your own kidneys can n...
Is dialysis expensive?
Dialysis costs a lot of money. However, the federal government through the Medicare program pays 80%...
Do children receive the same dialysis treatment as adults?
If children experience advanced kidney failure, they face the same treatment options as adults: dial...