What are the risk factors for diseases that require dialysis?

Dialysis treats acute and chronic kidney failure. Some of the diseases that commonly cause kidney failure are diabetes, high blood pressure, and blood vessel disease. If you have a medical or family history of any of these diseases, you are at higher risk for kidney failure, which, in its advanced stage, may require dialysis.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

How does dialysis affect the body?
Dialysis works like an artificial kidney by removing waste from the body. In hemodialysis, the most ...
How will dialysis affect me on a daily basis?
Rest assured that hundreds of thousands of people who are in dialysis therapy conduct normal, health...
How often will I need dialysis?
You will need dialysis treatment anywhere from a few times a week to several times daily, depending ...
Can I go back on dialysis if I change my mind after stopping treatment?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
You may go back on dialysis if you change your mind about stopping treatment. If you have missed sev...