How will I need to change my diet if I am on hemodialysis?

If you are on hemodialysis, you will need to change your diet in the following ways:
  • Eat more high-protein foods.
  • Eat fewer high-salt, high-potassium and high-phosphorus foods.
  • Learn how much fluid you can safely drink (including coffee, tea and water).

Continue Learning about Dialysis

How will my healthcare team react if I want to stop dialysis?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you decide you want to discontinue dialysis treatment, the members of your healthcare team will w...
How often will I need dialysis?
You will need dialysis treatment anywhere from a few times a week to several times daily, depending ...
What types of dialysis are there?
Dialysis is a way of cleaning your blood when your kidneys no longer can. It gets rid of your body's...
Will dialysis restrict my normal activities?
For conventional hemodialysis, you will need to visit a medical center three times a week for at lea...