Can I travel if I am on dialysis?

You can travel while on dialysis. Dialysis centers are located in every part of the United States and in many foreign countries. The treatment is standardized, but you need to plan ahead by making an appointment for dialysis at another center before you go. The staff at your home center may help you make these appointments.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

What are the effects of fluid build-up caused by dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Fluid build-up caused by dialysis treatments can lead to: swelling high blood pressure short...
How will dialysis affect me on a daily basis?
Rest assured that hundreds of thousands of people who are in dialysis therapy conduct normal, health...
Is dialysis a common treatment for kidney failure?
If you have been diagnosed with kidney failure, you are among the 23 million Americans aged 20 years...
How long will I need to stay on dialysis?
How long you stay on dialysis treatment depends on the type of kidney failure you have. If you have ...