What will my doctor evaluate before my lung surgery?

Your doctor will evaluate a variety of health indicators including lung function and cardiac function.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
Know Before You Go: Radiation
Know Before You Go: Radiation
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you may feel like you’re all alone—but you’re not. You’ll have a team of healthcare providers (HCPs) dedicated...
When should I be screened for a specific disease?
In general, screening is a good thing when:The disease being screened for is a significant health pr...
What is intravenous (IV) contrast material used for?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Contrast material -- or just "contrast" -- is a clear liquid that highlights certain parts of yo...