How does a thyroid scan diagnose follicular thyroid cancer?

Follicular thyroid cancer is the 2nd most common form of thyroid cancer (papillary #1). It is usually present in women (3:1) typically between 40-60 years of age.This tumor can be diagnosed following ultrasound guided biopsy of a suspicious nodule or mass in the thyroid gland.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Imaging

Ask Oz and Roizen: Coronary Calcium Scanning, and MRIs' Effect on Tattoos
Q: My 45-year-old brother is a fireman. When he started getting short of breath, his GP sent him to a cardiologist. Everyone figured it was asthma, bu...
Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
In the late 1800s, Ralph Waldo Emerson was credited with saying “Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.” Even though hi...
What is nuclear imaging for the heart?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Nuclear imaging evaluates how organs function, unlike other imaging methods that assess how organs a...
What should I ask the doctor if I need medical tests that use radiation?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
If you have questions or concerns about a test that uses radiation that has been recommended for...