What should I know about oxytocin injection before receiving it?

You should tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions before receiving oxytocin injection. If you are breast-feeding a baby, you may not be given oxytocin. If you are having labor complications, traumatic delivery, severe vaginal bleeding, or placenta previa (abnormal placement of the placenta in the uterus), the administration of oxytocin injection may be delayed. Cesarean section, uterine surgery, or a history of difficult labor may be contraindicated for the use of oxytocin, but this will need to be discussed with your doctor before using it.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Agent