How does Feridex I.V. interact with other medications or foods?

Feridex I.V. can interact with anticoagulant medications, such as warfarin or heparin. Animal studies have suggested that the half-life of Feridex I.V. was extended in individuals who also were given the anticoagulant heparin, although it is unknown whether Feridex I.V. decreases the effectiveness of heparin. Tell your doctor if you are taking any non-prescription medications, herbal or dietary supplements, vitamins or minerals that contain iron. This is especially important because Feridex I.V. provides an extra dose of iron. People who are taking iron supplements may have to reduce their iron intake as they near the date of their MRI to prevent an iron overload. Make sure to tell your doctor if you consume alcohol, smoke or use illegal drugs, as these may affect the results of your MRI scan or the effectiveness of Feridex I.V. in distinguishing lesions in the liver.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Agent