How common is nerve damage from diabetes?

About half of all people with diabetes have some form of nerve damage. It is more common in those who have had the disease for a number of years. Nerve damage from diabetes is called diabetic neuropathy. It can lead to many kinds of problems.

Continue Learning about Diabetic Neuropathy (Nerve Damage)

How is poor circulation related to diabetic peripheral neuropathy?
Diabetics are already vulnerable to poor circulation to the body's extremities, which lowers the bod...
What increases my risk for diabetic peripheral neuropathy?
If you have diabetes, you are at risk for developing peripheral neuropathy. Your risks increase if y...
How do other conditions affect diabetic peripheral neuropathy?
Diabetic peripheral neuropathy causes nerve pain, which is treated with one or more types of pain me...
Is Diabetic Neuropathy or Nerve Pain Related to Vitamin D?