Why do I need family and friends on my diabetes treatment team?

Family and friends should be an essential part of your diabetes treatment team. In addition to learning all that they can about the disease and providing support and caring, they can help lead up your treatment team, especially during periods of crisis, especially when you are depressed.

If you are depressed, you are less likely to care for yourself, including taking medications, eating healthy and exercising.

It is important to designate a family member or friend who is willing to lead your treatment team, either every day if they are willing and able, or especially during times when you are unable, like when you are suffering from serious depression.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Types of Diabetes
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes affects people of all ages and from all walks of life. There are several types, but type 2 diabetes is by far the most common. Of the nearly ...
What is the recent research on type 2 diabetes?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the statistics aren't good. "One in 10 U.S. adult...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Why Is Type 1 Diabetes Known As Juvenile Diabetes?