Why should I check my blood glucose to manage my diabetes?

People with diabetes may check their own blood glucose using a blood glucose meter. You can use the results of daily checks to make decisions about food, physical activity, and medicine. Look for any high or low blood glucose results that repeat at the same time on several days. Review your blood glucose results with your health care provider.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
What are the symptoms of diabetes in older people?
The most common symptoms of diabetes in people are increased thirst and increased urination. In olde...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
What Kinds of Medications Are Used to Treat Type 2 Diabetes?