Where is the treatment of diabetes going in the future?

Diabetes treatment research is leading to insulin that acts more like the insulin in your body. Watch as Michelle Lalick, RN, BSN, CDE, of Mercy Health, describes some advances in diabetes treatment as researchers continue searching for a cure.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Treatment for diabetes is evolving every day. Various treatment options for diabetes include insulin, oral medications, and more.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Got Diabetes? 3 Ways to Protect Your Eyes
People with diabetes are at greater risk for retinopathy because of persistent high blood sugar levels. In this video, Robin Miller, M.D. offers criti...
What are some healthy meals for vegetarians with diabetes?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Check the video feed on my Sharecare profile or my YouTube channel. I feature vegetarian meals consi...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
If I Lose Weight, Can I Stop Taking My Diabetes Medications?