Where is the treatment of diabetes going in the future?

Treatment for diabetes is evolving every day. Various treatment options for diabetes include insulin, oral medications, and more.

Diabetes treatment research is leading to insulin that acts more like the insulin in your body. Watch as Michelle Lalick, RN, BSN, CDE, of Mercy Health, describes some advances in diabetes treatment as researchers continue searching for a cure.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

News: What Diabetes Really Costs Americans Each Year
As more and more US adults develop diabetes, healthcare costs, not surprising, are rising. However, the impact of the diabetes epidemic is not just ec...
What questions should I ask my child's doctor if my child has diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Questions to ask your child's doctor if your child has diabetes:  When should my child get a flu ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Is the Increase of Diabetes Due to Obesity Epidemic?