Click below to watch chef Michel Nischan bake up this rich, barbecue-flavored dish.
Barbeque Beef Brisket
5 lb whole lean beef brisket, trimmed
pinch salt and pepper, to taste
3 tbsp roasted, chopped garlic cloves
1/4 cup light honey
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup light soy sauce
2 cups drained canned tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp dried Chipotle peppers, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Trim any excess fat from the brisket, and season the brisket with the salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the honey, vinegar, lite soy, tomatoes, and chipotle. Spread over the brisket. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
4. Transfer brisket and marinade to Dutch oven or heavy baking dish.
5. Bake, covered, 5 to 6 hours, or until brisket is tender. Sprinkle generously with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
Makes 12 servings
Total Carbs 7.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 7.1 g
Total Fat 15.8 g
Saturated Fat 5.6 g
Unsaturated Fat 10.3 g
Potassium 721.1 mg
Protein 45.4 g
Sodium 434.4 mg