Are there any risks in taking Humulin?

The primary risk associated with taking Humulin is low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). This can occur when the dose taken is more than the body needs. Consult your doctor for advice on how to prevent and treat low blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
How has diabetes diagnoses and treatment changed over the years?
Athena Philis-Tsimikas, MDAthena Philis-Tsimikas, MD
The nature of diabetes treatment has changed over the last 20 years, as more and more people are dia...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
Can I Predict the Pattern of My Blood Glucose Levels?