Should I choose cholesterol-free fish oil supplements if I have diabetes?

Ask your doctor if he or she thinks it's worth it for you to find a cholesterol-free variety. But chances are good that you don't have to worry at all about the small amount of cholesterol (about 10 milligrams) in your fish oil capsules.

Fish oil will lower your triglycerides and may help raise your "good" cholesterol. And the latest research shows that even notoriously high-cholesterol egg yolks are back in favor. It seems now that eggs are good for your diabetes and your heart. And those weigh in at 200 milligrams of cholesterol per yolk.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Diagnosed with Diabetes? Try One of These Diets
When you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, knowing what to eat suddenly becomes a Very Big Deal. Forget about casually grabbing a cookie in the break r...
What is a healthy blood sugar level?
Having a high blood sugar level can mean you have diabetes. Watch as Dr. Oz explains what a healthy ...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Work the Night Shift? Here's How to Sleep Better