How often should I check my continuous glucose monitor?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
I check my CGM first thing in the morning. Then I take a fingerstick to calibrate the CGM. It is kind of a fun game to start the day with, seeing how close the two are to each other.

I try to check my CGM before eating, and I look at it again at bedtime.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Manage Insulin-Dependent Diabetes With 90-Day CGMs
When you think of humans with implants, you may picture sinister movie characters like Dr. No with bionic metal hands or the Borg from Star Trek. But ...
How does LADA differ from other types of diabetes?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) -- sometimes called type 1.5 -- is considered to be clos...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Why Is Healthy Muscle Mass Important If I Have Diabetes?