How close do I need to be to my continuous glucose monitor?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Most CPM systems have a pretty unforgiving radio range between the transmitter and the monitor. If they get separated too far from each other, you won’t get a blood sugar alarm when you need one. Exact distance can vary by model.

Depending on how long it takes you to get ready at the start of your day, you might need to keep your monitor close by.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Give Yourself an Insulin Injection
It’s natural to feel anxious about giving yourself insulin injections, particularly if you’re not a fan of needles. But keep in mind: Insulin is injec...
How is insulin related to blood sugar?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
It's important to have the right balance of insulin and glucose in the blood because too much insuli...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
What If I Become Depressed After My Diabetes Diagnosis?