What can my fasting blood sugar (FBS) levels tell me?

Testing your fasting blood sugar (FBS) measures your risk for diabetes, a chronic disease that can lead to blindness, cardiac disease, kidney failure, nerve problems and an impaired immune system. A fasting blood sugar number above 100 is considered pre-diabetic; treatment measures should be discussed with a physician. Diet can improve your blood sugar.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Good Carb, Bad Carb: Do You Know the Difference?
Which do you think will raise your blood sugar more gently: Eating a whole orange or downing a glass of orange juice? The answer comes down to the qua...
How common is diabetes?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
According to the International Diabetes Federation, "the number of people around the world suffering...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Why Is Healthy Muscle Mass Important If I Have Diabetes?