How does meter size affect my choice of blood glucose meter?

Some glucose meters are so small that they fit on a vial of strips, while others are larger, so people with big hands can handle them easily. Small meters are easy to slip into your pocket or purse. However, if you have trouble with small hand and finger movements, you may want to consider a larger meter. Larger meters may be heavier and clumsier to carry around. Some meters have rubber grips that make them easy to hold.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Find a Diabetes Treatment Plan That Works for You
From extreme fatigue to an upset stomach, the list of side effects of medications jammed in at the end of drug commercials can be overwhelming. And it...
With diabetes, why do I need to be aware of carbohydrate content of food?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You can’t get diabetes from eating too much sugar or other carbohydrates. However, eating too much i...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
The Diabetes-Smart Plate
The Diabetes-Smart Plate